PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Your Privacy and Data Protection are a top priority for us. In the context of our business, we might collect certain personal information about you that we will use and process only for certain purposes, for which we will have informed you beforehand.
If, at any point when you are visiting or using our websites www.ion.gr, www.ionsweets.gr and www.socomic.gr, you choose to submit your personal details by using any of the special forms provided or you decide to send us a communication, you will share with us your personal data, which we will collect and process.
Who is the Data Controller?
Personal Data Processing Overview
We collect and process your personal data for specific purposes and we do not further process the data, without informing you first and, provided that we have obtained, where this is necessary, your prior consent.
Concerns you if you are a:
What kind of data?
Why do we process the personal data?
Legal Basis of processing
We need to know who you are, in order to contact you and inform you about what is new regarding our products, our promotion activities, in order to send you marketing communications or to include you in marketing surveys.
In order for us to be able to respond to your demands for personalised information.
In order to include you in competitions and other actions that we organise through social media
So that we are able to safeguard the quality of our products and make them safer for consumers
So that we can keep statistics about the users and the traffic of the website, such as the number of unique visitors, the website’s views and the bounce rate
Concerns you if you are a consumer or user/visitor (if you choose to submit personal information) on websites www.ion.gr , www.ionsweets.gr or/and www.socomic.gr or a correspondent:
- We select and process the following data: Name and surname, Contact Details (e-mail, telephone number), Address
- We process the personal data, since we need to know who you are, in order to contact you and inform you about what is new regarding our products, our promotion activities, in order to send you marketing communications or to include you in marketing surveys.
- Legal Basis of processing: Consent
Concerns you if you are a consumer or user/visitor (if you choose to submit personal information) on websites www.ion.gr , www.ionsweets.gr or/and www.socomic.gr :
- We select and process the following data: Personal Data of any kind that you choose to share with us through any means of communication (tel/fax/email/mail)
- We process the personal data, in order for us to be able to respond to your demands for personalised information.
- Legal Basis of processing: Consent
Concerns you if you are a consumer
- We select and process the following data: Information that you may provide us with, through social media websites (e.g. Facebook, Instagram etc.), such as your username and your interests.
- We process the data, in order to include you in competitions and other actions that we organise through social media.
- - Legal Basis of processing: Consent
Concerns you if you are a consumer that has called ION’s support line: 8008008080
- We select and process the following data: Information that you provide us through a call with one of our representatives and the content of the call itself since this is recorded
- We process the data, so that we are able to safeguard the quality of our products and make them safer for consumers
- Legal Basis of processing: Consent and Legitimate Interest.
Concerns you if you are a user of the website www.ion.gr:
- We select and process the following data: ΙΡ Address, your browser and your device’s operating system and what kind of device you use
- We process the data, so that we can keep statistics about the users and the traffic of the website, such as the number of unique visitors, the website’s views and the bounce rate
- Legal Basis of processing: Legitimate Interest, consent regarding Cookies, when appropriate.
Concerns you if you are a consumer that was led to the website www.ion.gr through ION’s promotional banners hosted on third party websites.
- We select and process the following data:ΙΡ Address, your browser and your device’s operating system, what kind of device you use and websites you visited prior or after visiting ION’s website
- We process the data, so that we can keep statistics about the users and the traffic of the website, such as the number of unique visitors, the website’s views and the bounce rate and so that we can effectively advertise ourselves and measure the efficiency of our advertisements.
- Legal Basis of processing: Legitimate Interest
We collect and/or process personal information about you in order to comply with legislation in effect (e.g. Consumer Protection Law, tax law etc.) as well as to exercise our rights or defend ourselves against third parties’ claims.
We will not use your personal data for purposes that are incompatible with the aforementioned ones, without informing you first and having obtained where applicable, your prior consent.
Furthermore, we do not sell personal data to third parties.
From where do we collect your personal data?
If you are a consumer or/and visitor of our websites www.ion.gr www.ionsweets.gr or/and www.socomic.gr, all the information we hold about you are either collected directly from you or through the websites www.ion.gr www.ionsweets.gr or/and www.socomic.gr. Same goes also in case you are a user of social media such as Facebook, instagram, pinterest etc. which makes it likely that you share with us some of your personal data by following/liking our accounts/pages/groups or taking part in our actions, promotional activities, competitions etc.
If you are a freelancer or a sole proprietorship and you are one of our customers/suppliers or work for one of them, it is likely for us to hold your data, which we have collected either from you directly or from your employer.
Legal basis of your data processing Since we are seated in Greece, where EU Law regarding data protection is applicable, we need to inform you about the legal basis on which the processing of your personal data takes place. We always base our processing on one the following legal grounds:
- Your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time, but this shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before its withdrawal.
- The performance of a contract between us, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Compliance with legal obligation to which ION is the subject (e.g. consumer protection legislation, electronic communication legislation, tax legislation etc.) and in order to resolve legal disputes, to face claims against us and exercise our rights.
- For our legitimate interests, in order to keep our business effective and facilitate our transactions, without any of our interests overriding your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
What will happen if you do not share your personal data with us?
If you do not share your personal data with us, it may be likely that we will not to be able to fulfill our obligations arising out of the contract between us, if this is the case, or we may not be able to comply with legislation in effect.
Automated individual decision-making
We do not take decisions regarding you, based entirely on automated processing. If we decide to take such measures in the future, we will make sure that we inform you properly, beforehand.
Sometimes, it is necessary for us to share your personal data within our Group, with affiliated ION companies as well as trusted third parties.
Sharing your personal data within ION
We will process your personal data for the aforementioned purposes. In order for us to do so, it is necessary for our authorized employees to access your data.
Sharing your personal data with ION’s affiliated companies
It is likely that we may share your data with other ION affiliated companies, if and to the extent this is necessary. However, in no case will we transfer your data to third parties outside the EEA (European Economic Area that consists of all the EU-member States along with Lichtenstein, Norway and Iceland).
Sharing your personal data with trusted third parties
Like every organisation, sometimes we also use third party providers in order to conduct our business with more efficiency and efficacy so that we can ensure consistency in our operation and services. In certain case these third-party providers will be able to access your personal data.
Wherever, we use third parties in order to process your personal data on our behalf, we conduct due-diligence in order to ensure that they have already taken the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data. During our cooperation with these third parties, we monitor their performance (as well as that of their sub-processors), in order to ensure your personal data, remain safe.
Each of our third-party providers that processes your personal data on our behalf, does so only under the following conditions:
- For the same purposes for which we are allowed to process your personal data (see above)
- The processing is necessary in order for the service-provider to meet its obligations towards us
- The processing is conducted exclusively, in accordance with our instructions
- The company named Connexion3 that offers consumer database management and consumer communication/marketing services.
Since we may change or add providers in this list, we will inform you at the time this happens.
It is also likely to transfer your personal data to public bodies and authorities, regulatory authorities and governmental agencies, to the extent this is required by the applicable laws.
Transfer of your personal data outside EEA
We will not transfer your personal data outside EEA (European Economic Area that consists of EU States along with Lichtenstein, Norway and Iceland)..
We promise to keep your personal data safe and retain them only for as long as it is necessary.
We promise to keep your personal data safe
We will always use your personal data in the appropriate manner and will keep them safe. In order to do so, we implement and follow special policies, processes and standards for the protection of your personal data. We even take measures against our personnel and third-party partners, where appropriate, in order to ensure your personal data remain safe.
We promise to retain your personal data only for as long as it is necessary.
If the processing of your personal data which we carry out:
- • Is based on your consent, we shall retain and process your personal data only for such time, this consent remains valid (note that you can revoke your consent at any time). You may give us your consent either by contacting us at your own free will through telephone, fax, email or by using the websites www.ion.gr, www.ionsweets.gr or/and www.socomic.gr and filling in the respective fields or by signing a relevant consent form. You may also give us your consent through any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication, while using your social media accounts (e.g. if you respond to a request such as : « follow our page: http://instagram.com/iongiapanta/ post a photo of you from your everyday routine along with your favorite ION bar, write #iongiapanta and take part in a draw in order to win ION products!».».
- Is necessary for the performance of a contract, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, we will retain your data for as long as the contract remains valid and following the termination of our relationship for as long as it is mandatory in order for us to comply with legal requirements arising out of tax or any other applicable legislation.
- Is based on our legitimate interests (e.g. if it is done in order to facilitate our cooperation), we will retain your personal data only for as long as it is necessary for satisfying these interests.
- Is necessary for our compliance with an obligation arising from the law, we will retain your personal data for as long as any relevant provision requires.
After the deletion of your personal data, if this is necessary, we may retain some certain basic information just to be able to prove our compliance with our obligations pursuant to Data protection legislation as well as to ensure that we will not send you any communication or marketing material in the future (legitimate interest).
It is important, that all the information we have about you are updated and accurate. Should they change, please let us know.
Pursuant to data protection legislation and with the set limits, you have the following rights:
- Right to withdraw your consent
In case the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before its withdrawal.
- Right of access
You are entitled to know whether we process any personal data of yours and where that is the case, what type of data, for what purposes we use them, their retention period, their recipients and potential transfer of data etc.
- Right to rectification
You have the right to ask the rectification of inaccurate personal data of yours or ask for the completion of incomplete data of yours.
- Right to erasure
You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data, where and under the conditions legislation provides for such a right.
- Right to restriction of processing ς
You can ask for the restriction of your data processing, where legislation provides for such a right.
- Right to data portability
You have the right to ask and receive the personal data concerning you and provided by you, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, provided that the processing is based on your consent, or on the performance of a contract or it is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object
You can ask us to stop processing your data on grounds relating to your particular situation, where legislation provides for such a right.
- Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automatic means
You have the right to ask to obtain human intervention, to express your point of view and to contest the decision.
Should you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights you may contact us in any of the following ways:
- By post at Eleftheriou Venizelou 69, pc.15344, Neo Faliro, Attiki,
- By calling us at: 210 4814971
- By sending us a fax at: 210 4838560
- By sending us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have given us your consent for certain type of data processing, you have the right at any moment to withdraw this consent, but keep in mind that this may come with certain consequences.
Lodging a Complaint
If you have any complaints regarding the way we process your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr).